Documents for Business

In excess of 1,000 customisable documents covering every conceivable business issue.

Introduction to this document

Land and buildings tenancy-in-common declaration

You may need a tenancy-in-common declaration for a variety of reasons. Use it as evidence to satisfy HMRC that the property is now actually owned in unequal proportions.

Split to your needs

A Tenancy-in-common Declaration is usually used when you would like to change the proportion of ownership from an automatic 50:50 split under a joint tenancy. Therefore if you sever a joint tenancy you will need to use this document instead.

This declaration should also be used if you are using a deed of gift to share out your property for inheritance tax reasons - perhaps you would like to give a third to your partner, not previously named on the deeds? Use this declaration to set out the percentage of ownership.